The university is located at Sonipat in the state of Haryana which is located in the northern part of India. Sonipat falls under the National Capital Region and is situated approximately 50 kms away from New Delhi, the capital of India.
Applicants to the LLM programme in Environment Law, Energy and Climate Change. must have a Bachelor’s degree in Law from any university in India or abroad that is duly recognised under the law and by the regulatory authorities. Candidates are expected to have work experience of two years, which may be waived in case of exceptional candidates. If you are an international student, please refer to FAQs 10 to 12, as they would be of particular relevance to you.
Yes, interested candidates have to appear for LSAT India 2020 examination and performance in the same will carry 70% weightage towards the final result. The remaining 30% is determined on the basis of a Statement of Purpose, Curriculum Vitae and a telephonic interview.
The academic year begins on August 1 and consists of two Semesters. The first semester runs from August to December and the second semester runs from January to April.
The One-Year LL.M. in Environmental Law, Energy and Climate Change consists of core/ foundational courses (3 credits/ 2 credits each) and specialized courses (3 credits/ 2 credits each). Candidates must additionally write a Dissertation on a topic relevant to the area. The candidate will need minimum 28 credits to graduate.
L.L.M. in Environmental Law, Energy and Climate Change the programme covers numerous important subjects such as analyzing alternate energy solutions, available technical knowledge in the field of environment, energy and climate change and how innovations in the field are best implemented. It expands on the role and impact of domestic and international adjudicatory mechanisms on environment, energy and climate change with special reference to a critical examination and assessment of the functioning of the national environmental courts and tribunals. L.L.M. in Environmental Law, Energy and Climate Change is the first of its kind to be taught in India.
The faculty at CPGLS has a strong research orientation and the LLM students are expected to contribute to faculty and research center projects in the University. CPGLS promotes interdisciplinary studies, joint teaching and joint research programmes in partnership with other Schools in the University and with partner Universities of the OP Jindal Global University with which JGU established international collaborations and semester exchange programmes.
For further details, please visit: For further details, please visit: http://cpgls.jgls.edu.in/one-year-master-laws-llm-programme-global-exposure
The tuition fee is Rs. 4,00,000. Please note that the figure is subject to an annual revision.
For further details, please visit: http://cpgls.jgls.edu.in/eligibility-and-fees
We believe that the aim of postgraduate studies is to empower students by enabling them to gather in-depth knowledge in their desired fields of study. The university has established a Career Development and Placement Division (CDPD) which aims to facilitate rewarding national and international internships and placements. For all internships and placements, in keeping with the requirements and conditions of the firms and organizations, final decision to select students remains with those organizations. The university cannot assure students about placement prospects.
For further details, please visit: http://cpgls.jgls.edu.in/career-development-internships-fellowships
An international student would require to obtain a visa for pursuing the programme. Please note that the issuance of the visa is at the discretion of the Indian embassy and the university has no role to play in the process. Once a student has secured admission, he or she must complete the process and documentation at his or her end bearing in mind the timelines involved.
For further details, please visit: http://www.jgu.edu.in/public/internationaloffice/
The university has an exclusive International Office to address concerns of international students. The Office assists students with getting the registration with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office upon arrival into India. Upon special request the students may also be picked up from the airport. Please note that the university hosts a number of activities to ensure that international students are integrated with the general student body. For example, the university celebrates the national day of the different countries from which the students hail.
Sonipat experiences a hot summer and a cold winter and broadly dry weather throughout the year. The weather becomes milder during the monsoon period (July to September). The post-monsoon months of October and November constitute a transition period prior to the onset of winter. The winter starts in December with the coldest month being January.